We really enjoyed being back at the U hospital and are going to miss it. Kaelyn made some good progress while there. She got up to about 5 1/2 pounds, started wearing clothes, and got out of the isolet and into an open warmer. The only bummer is that her oxygen needs never got to where the doctor's wanted them, no matter what they tried. And believe me, they tried a lot of different stuff. So, in a way, it's a relief that finally we will get a good answer about what is going on with her oxygen needs.
Jeana and I were talking last night about how hard it is to know that our little girl has to lay in a bed all day and only gets out when we are there holding her. On Saturday, I was there alone for 4 or 5 hrs and got to hold Kaelyn the entire time. The nurse just kept saying how cool it was that Kaelyn was doing so much better while I held her. Honestly, of all the things I've done in my life, that time with her has to be one of the best. Even though I was sitting in a hard plastic chair the entire time, I had so much fun looking at her and holding her. I guess what I'm trying to say for those of you that have kids is, don't take for granted the fact that you can hold them any time you want. Show them your love and squeeze them as often as you can, without embarrassing them of course.
Please pray for Kaelyn. We know it helps.
15 comments:
We'll be praying!
I know you liked the U, but I'm glad your back at PCMC so they can get that cath done. If her needs aren't going down then they need to see why and get that taken care of. A cath is very routine but it's always scary. Let me warn you that it could be a few hours. With Jaxson's first cath he was in there forever and I was getting worried. But when they are looking at the heart,and if they put that shunt in, she could be in there for 6 hours or so. Who is doing the cath?
I'm glad their finally going to do something so they can get her home. And I totally agree about holding her makes her do better. When babies are home they are held a lot, so sitting in a bed all day is not normal. I remember sneaking in and holding Jax on c-pap before they put the ventilator back in. I had to do it, it had been so long, I needed my baby.
At least you might finally have some answers. We love you guys and pray daily for Kaelyn!
You are in our prayers. Keep us updated. So glad you have Lacey to understand and help you with what your going through. Let us know if we can help in any way other then prayers.
I'll see if I can find you Wednesday when we are up for pre-op. If not Wed, we'll see ya Thursday.. and Friday... and Sat... and.... :) Hang in there. We're praying!!
Hey you guys!! I didn't even know Jeana was pregnant. Your little girl is adorable and just seems like the sweetest gift from our Heavenly Fater. I agree on the holding thing as well. I am a firm believe that babies and children need physical human contact to thrive. I hate it when parents are like we don't hold our baby cause we don't want them to get spoiled or whatever. I'm just like are you kidding me it's a baby you are supose to hold it. Congrats on your little girl...I couldn't think of any other couple who would do such a good job parenting a special needs child! You are in our prayers.
Prayers for you and Miss Kaelyn tomorrow.Although routine,nonetheless very unnerving.she will do great.Just as she as up until this day.The cath will give them a better idea on how to proceed and that can only mean,one step closer to home.Kisses to the feisty one and you guys ... just keep holding that baby!It's the best medicine ... for all of you!!
Any surgery is a big surgery to us parents. I will be praying for your ease of mind during this procedure and the strenght for Kaelyn tomorrow. She has come such a long ways. I agree that some parents take it for granted how nice it is to hold and love their babies when ever they want. It's not fair we don't get that choice right now. Someday our turn will come!! Patience is the hardest thing.
Our prayers will be with you especially tomorrow! Keep us updated on the surgery - we are glad that they are able to take this big step and pray that all goes well! Totally agree with you about the holding your baby - there is nothing better than to feel the weight of your little one in your arms. I love it!
Prayers are headed your way! We hope and pray that all goes well with this big surgery.
Praying is an easy request. I'm there.
Love,
Dari
We are praying for Kaelyn and keeping you guys in our thoughts. Love you guys,
Praying always for Kaelyn, not only for tomorrow but that soon your little girl shall be in your arms whenever you want and for as long as you want, that she will be home soon with her family and getting all the loving and cuddles she needs. I hope tomorrow brings some answers.
I looked for you today in the surgery waiting room - didn't see ya, but I may have been in the wrong spot, or you may have been finished. I'll find you later this week :) Hope all went well today.
{{{{HUGS}}}} and Prayers
Post a Comment