Kind of a surprise, but we are home!!! We had set a tentative discharge date for Saturday earlier this week but were trying to keep it cool so that we didn't jinx ourselves. Then on the way in to work this morning we called to check in on Kaelyn and they told us that we were going home this afternoon. SWEET!!!! The craziest thing is, if you would have told us two weeks ago that we would be going home today, there is no way that we would have believed you. But, after 104 days in the NICU, we are home and it is one of the happiest days of our lives. For those of you that have gone through a NICU experience you know exactly what I am talking about, for you others, it's just an incredible feeling of joy and awesomeness.
Waiting for Daddy to bring the car around with our FAVORITE nurse Jane
Walking to the car with all our loot, you accumulate lots of stuff over 3 months!
Chilling on the ride home.
"We're home, get me out of this thing!"
First family photo at home.
Daddy and me just hanging out.
Mom's been waiting to put this flower on my head for months!
Our BEAUTIFUL little Kaelyn!
48 comments:
Yay for you coming home, how special! She is beautiful!! I love the picture of her in the carseat, she is such a tiny little cutie, how precious :) good luck and congrats!!
No words to explain how wonderful this all is. I'm glad you are home and together. Families are forever!
Love,
Dari
Kaelyn, Mama, and Daddy-
This is Caitlin, Heather's second oldest daughter and Zoey's big sister.
We are so excited for you! I called my mom to talk about how super cute all these pictures are, but my mom hasn't seen this post, and she isn't near her computer, so I called her on the phone to let her know, and she wanted me to leave you guys a comment letting you know that we are so thrilled and excited for you guys...this is the beginning of such a great adventure...we're overjoyed and in awe of Kaelyn's strength. She's such a fighter and it comes as no surprise that this day is already here. She's already come so so far, and will thrive so much more now that she's home, right where she's supposed to be.
You're all going to do beautifully at home. Enjoy every second.
Love,
Caitlin, Heather, Zoey, and all the rest of the Needhams
No way!!!!!! Congratulations!! Look how happy she is - yay!!!!!
So glad your miracle day came sooner than later.
We are so happy for you and your family :) She is so beautiful...seriously let me know what we can do. The boys can't wait to see their cute little cousin girl :)Enjoy this time together :)
I am in tears right now!!! I literally saw your title and said outloud "NO WAY" You completely surprised me.....pleasantly I must say!!!! I am soooooo happy for you guys. Ella was only in the NICU for 8 days and I couldn't wait to get home with her...I can't even imagine how you guys were feeling. But this is just wonderful news and I pray that your first night goes perfectly!! Do you get to have your 6 weeks leave of absence from work now??? I can't wait to hear more updates about the first everything at home. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Oh.. I'm sooo excited!! I told my husband right away that you guys are home!! That is so awesome. You didn't even have to room in with her?? She looks so cute with that flower on and congrats on being home!!
"There's no place like HOME!" Anyone that has spent any time in the hospital with their child knows exactly what I mean. She looks darling and happy.
Caitlin said it all for me,for us but I had to come back and see the beautiful pictures for myself and boy are they beautiful.My heart is full of joy and gratitude and you know my young friends,I never doubted that this day would come ... not ever.She is after all,the feisty one!She looks absolutely beautiful and as Caitlin said,watch how she thrives at home.You will be amazed.Well,Kaelyn,you 1lb 11 oz wonder,snuggle in,grow big and have mom and dad post lots of picture.Love from California.
I think we're all crying right now.What a surprise, Oh I can only imagine how unbelievable it is to finally have her home! Even putting her in her car seat must have been a thrill. I am so happy!!! Enjoy!!!!!!
BTW, I can't forget to tell you how gorgeous Miss Kaelyn is looking!!!!!
OMG! Totally surprised right now!! So happy for you all. Feisty Lil Kaelyn, welcome home sweet girl!
Can't wait to read more updates and see more beautiful pictures of this sweet little miracle. God Bless.
Oh my goodness, that is fantastic news! Like most... I am also in tears! I couldn't imagine how you must have been feeling on your drive home! She is gorgeous! Congrats and welcome home!
This is such exciting news. She is absolutely beautiful. Welcome home fiesty one!!
YAY!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for all three of you! Kaelyn is SO stinkin' cute!! I just want to come squeeze her!!
Yay! Congrats we are so glad you guys are home. She is adorable. Can't wait to see her. Let me know if you need anything.
Oh my goodness...Congratulations!!
I remember how I felt after bringing the girls home for the first time, like yesterday.
She is a gorgeous little baby girl.
Congratulations!
YAY!!!!! That is an indescribable feeling to get to bring your little one. I am so, so, so happy for you guys! Kaelyn is as beautiful as ever and I love the flower.
Yeah!!! I am so happy that you are all finally home!! Tears of joy for your family. She looks marvelous!!
Wow!! Congratulations guys. That is so awesome. I am just really happy that she was able to make it home so unexeptedly like that. Enjoy her and take tons of pictures!
Wow, I have been reading from the beginning and I honestly would not have thought at that time that she would be home this soon. What a miracle she is! Baby girl has gone so fast and is getting so big. So happy for you all that she is home.
What an amazing surprise! I'm so happy for you guys. Your pictures are priceless. Glad you're home!!
YAY! She is such a little bundle of joy! And sooo beautiful...so happy you are home...what a great day!
Congratulations. That's awesome news and I'm so happy for you and your family. The pictures are beautiful. Enjoy your time together ALONE!
Welcome Home!! What a b;essing to finally be able to come home. We are so happy for all of you!
Congratulations! I am so extremely happy for you guys. She looks so tiny and cute in her car seat!
She is so dang cute!! Ijust want to squish those cheeks. We are sooo happy she is home! She looks so adorable with the flower. She looks so small in her car seat.
Isn't coming home THE best thing in the entire world? It's almost surreal. Taylor was in the NICU for 4 weeks and I was dying, I can't even imagine 104 days. Congrats! Oh, and I love her flower, too cute!
We just wanted to let you guys know how happy we are for you!! I am sure there is nothing better than having her home. She is adorable and I am sure she is happy to be home as well :) Love JD and Andrea
She is darling! What a blessing to have her home with you!
Wayne- what a proud papa and Jeana such a cute new Mom!
This is Beau's dad....
Congrats on coming home, we know how you feel.
I feel a relationship coming on with Beau and Kaelyn. I think they are a match made from heaven. They'll already have quite the stories to tell each other.
Hallelujah!! What a wonderfully heartwarming surprise to read about! Thank you for sharing your journey in the NICU & all the amazing progress that Fiesty Kaelyn has made. No place like home, right?
That's soooo awesome you guys! Ellie came home on day 106 a year ago and I still remember how exciting it was to FINALLY have her home!!! So happy for you!!!
Woohoo! So happy for you!
Well here's another congratulations from the other side of the world. I called Grandma Ruth today and she told me about this and I said she was a liar because I'd just checked your blog the other day. Don't call Grandma a liar - it's not such a good idea. I've very happy for you all.
Adam
You have taken me absolutely by surprise....but YES I have been waiting for this post ever since I first found your blog and prayed many times in my heart that the day would come soon when your family would be reunited under one roof and sweet baby Kaelyn would be in the safe arms of her loving parents. Enjoy her now, love her each and every moment, cuddle her hug her, she is all yours' atlast!! I am so happy and elated for you guys! I hope she is doing really well, keep us posted :)
YEAAAA!!!!!!!!
I had to come back. First your new heading picture is just the most precious picture. Second, read my thankful Sunday post tomorrow (Sunday). I couldn't go without being thankful for what God has done in your little one's life.
Congratulations on coming home - it IS the best feeling in the world. Our daughter was in the NICU for 104 days as well, and has been home for almost 4 months. I've been following your blog a little. Kaelyn is adorable. Enjoy home!!
Congratulation! We are so happy for you! I am glad that everything is going good for your little family. We wish you the best and we will always have you in our hearts and thought! Congratulations again on this big milestone.
What wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for the both of you to finally have your beautiful daughter home and be a family once again. Can't wait to see her in person... give her a hug from Aunt Becky :)
Love you guys!
Wow she's beautiful...can't wait to meet her.
Congratulations!! A million congratulations! May your adjustment be smooth and wonderful!
Such great news to hear beautiful Kaelyn is home. Love the pink outfit and the flower headband -- what a style setter. Hope to see you soon. Love always. Dr. J
We have never met, but I came across your blog recently and have enjoyed reading about your strong little girl. Congratulations on finally getting to bring her home!!!! She is beautiful!
Yay- so happy to hear you got to come home!!!
Hi, my name is Annie, I found your blog on a friends who also has a child with down syndrome. I just wanted to tell you I think Kaelyn is so beautiful and an amazing little girl. I am so happy you guys are finally home and doing well, what a blessing. My baby girl also has down syndrome. She is an absolute miracle and we can not imagine life without her. I hope everything goes well for you guys now that you are home. I am so happy for your little family.
Post a Comment