Wednesday, August 5, 2009

8-4-09 Party Time!

Yesterday was a big day for little Kaelyn...It was her DUE DATE. So she is officially considered a new born. So now that she has had a seven week head start, she can get going on what newborn babies are expected to do. We had a little party with her at the hospital. It consisted of holding her, letting her wear the birthday hat Mom made her and taking lots of pictures. Then we had a little BBQ with some family to celebrate both her due date and Grandma Bonner's birthday. We were sure to tell Kaelyn that not many kids get to celebrate their "birth" day like she did yesterday. We told her that they are usually all slimey and that they get spanked. We promised not to give her the birthday spank till next year:)

Our little munchkin is doing pretty good. She is now 3 lbs 8 oz, which is exciting. She's growing like a champ. We worked with the Physical Therapist this week and learned how to help her get ready to start taking a bottle. We will be practicing when we are there at her 6:00 feeding. The biggest part is keeping her alert and awake for it, she can suck pretty good on the binkie when she is. Its strange because most parents are trying to wean their kids off the binkie and we're trying to get her on it.

Her oxygen needs have gone up quite a bit which has been kind of a bummer. They aren't sure why, but will be doing an eco today to see if they can find out. Other than that she is doing well. Getting cuter and stronger by the day. She is still little, but man she can put up a fight. Sometimes when we change her diaper she stretches her legs out and keeps us from putting it back on. Its pretty funny.

Here are some pictures of the Dute Date bash:

So this is what it feels like to have your mom dress you funny




We got to go to a BBQ Monday and meet some great families and their adorable kids that have Down Syndrome. We had such a great time and are excited to get to know them even better. I can't wait till Kaelyn can meet all her new friends!



Hmm...I wonder when I get to meet these new friends

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there - this is Michelle, preslie's mom from the BBQ MOnday night. It was so great to meet you both and hear about Kaelyn. happy birthday sweet girl.I pray she continues to get strong and do well and they can find out why her O2 needs are going up! Please jump over to my blog and let me know if you guys need anything! Prayers are with you our new friends!

Tina said...

Happy birthday, or rather due date birthday sweet baby Kaelyn....now you must work really hard so you get stronger each day as your mom and dad just can't wait to take you home, thats when the real party will happen!! I love all your pictures and in the last picture you can actually see a little fold in her upper arm...is that for real? Wow thats fantastic keep up the good work and soon she'll be having all those adorable folds all over!

Lacey said...

Ok, I love that last pic, I'm stealing it for my picture. I wonder why her oxygen need is going up. Hopefully not heart stuff. When do you go up on the weekend? I'm going to try to come up this weekend and bring the blankie.

Emily said...

Happy "birth"day sweet girl! I can't wait until Justin can meet another dreamy girlfriend at the next BBQ! We're cheering for you!

Tausha said...

She is beautiful. That is funny about the binkie. We were so excited when Sam finally started sucking on his binkie. People were trying to pull it out and we were like no, keep it in, look at him go. I think she is going to have a few little guys fighting over her. Sam, Justin and Benson who you will have to meet as well some day will all be standing in line for this cutie.

Kristin said...

She is so precious! Tell Justin he's got enough cuties - she's all for Max! If she's home before our stint at PCMC, we'll just have to come meet her there :)

Suzie said...

So cute! I love her party hat!!

Scrappy quilter said...

She is so sweet and growing so much. Love the party hat too.

Reiko said...

Love the pictures. She is so beautiful. The arm roll is so cute. So who sleeps with their mouth open, she must get that from one of you. Ari sleeps the same way.

Unknown said...

Oh she is a precious little gal. Happy "Birth" day Kaelyn!

Heather said...

Oh my Miss Kaelyn,you are surely something else.Happy due date day ... you have come so far and it has been so amazing to watch you grow and fill in and find your way.I too LOVE the last picture .. she looks like a newborn,tiny yes but not so premie if that makes sense.As always love the caption pictures and this one,is so appropriate because you just wait,in no time at all she will be right in there with that darling bunch!

Jana said...

Hi Kaelyn's Mom!

One of your friends nominated you as special mom in need of an e-hug in a contest I ran on my blog a few months back. One of my blog sponsors has a special gift for you and your sweet baby (she is darling by the way). Could you contact me as soon as possible so I can explain?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Jana Mathews
AKA The Meanest Mom
www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com
themeanestmom@gmail.com

Lacey said...

what time will you be there tomorrow? I have an upper GI with Jax at 3. The only thing is of course he can't go into the NICU. I don't know how we can work that one out. Let me know.

Mike and Christy said...

She just gets cuter and cuter, Christy would appreciate the Utah hat under the birthday hat! You are all in our prayers!

Shelly Turpin said...

She is so beautiful - and I absolutely LOVE the "birth" day hat - so fun. Have to have fun with it all somehow. So glad you got to go to Lacey's party - wish we had been there. Love to you and yours