Thursday, July 30, 2009

7-30-09

There's not a whole lot to report on Miss Kaelyn. She is now 3lbs 3oz! So I just wanted to post some pictures of the little Chunkster. She's just taking it day by day, doing pretty well. I have taken it upon myself to make sure it is know she is a girl. Apparently the pink and purple bedding is not enough, so I've made some bows for her. Just yesterday her nurse kept calling her a "he". I'm pretty sure everyone that has ever had a baby knows how that feels, it is quite irritating. I mean its one thing when its a stranger on the street, but when its the nurse that has been with HER all day long!!! really.

Aunt Sarah threw a really nice shower last weekend with the extended family on my side. It was lots of fun, we really appreciate everyone taking time out of their busy lives to come. We got some awesome gifts that we can't wait to use. We just need to get this little one home! Or at least out of the isolette so she can wear all her cute clothes! Thanks to everyone!

Now to the good part, the pictures :)

Wearing her Dads favorite color.

Her and Mom in their matching outfits.

Looking beautiful in Mommy's favorite color.

Dad had to take this picture to show her chunkiness.

Wide awake chilling in her "snuggly"

26 comments:

Stephanie said...

She's so sweet, and her face has changed, she looks "older". LOL, you know what I mean. Love the bows.

Lacey said...

She is so much more chunky. Look at those cheeks. I'm working on her blankie right now. I can't wait to finish it and bring it up.

Angi said...

Such a sweet face...thanks for sharing your journey thus far...can't wait to read the post when she gets to go home with you:)

My name is Sarah said...

Ahh she is so cute in her snuggly. I love her bows.

Mike and Christy said...

Wow! She's getting huge!! Way cute in the bows! Love the matching outfits.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is sooooo cute!!! I'm glad you had fun at the shower. (obviously) wish I could have been there!!!

And I LOVE your hair color! Is that natural???

matt and katrina said...

Hey, guys!! I haven't kept up on everything on the blog, but I saw pictures when she was just born. I wanted to tell you what you already know--SHE IS DARLING!! My heart and prayers still go out to you and I LOVE YOU!! Can't wait to meet Kaelyn sometime.

........ said...

She is absolutely beautiful!

Alaina and Kyle said...

I ran across your blog and am in a similar situation as you right now. My son was born at 29 weeks on May 27th weighed in at 3 lbs 3 oz and was diagnosed with down syndrome. I will be praying for your little one and can't believe how far along she has come already. Congrats on your beautiful little girl.

Rebecca said...

Love the hairbows! My fave is the picture where she is wide awake :>)

Sarah said...

I can't believe how big she looks...she has cute little check :)Jackson and Carson say keep eatin so they can meet her :) They can't wait!!

Melissa Stringham said...

I had to laugh at the "matching outfits" caption. Does a bow count as an outfit? Now it does! I am glad she is getting chunky!

Anonymous said...

Don't start calling her chunky, she'll want to go on a diet - lol! She is a doll, love the bows! Lily's nurses made nancy headbands out of the little hats they put on babies heads. They cut the bottom off, then would cut some more strips for a fancy bow, tie it around the bottom strip and walla a headband.

Scrappy quilter said...

She is just so cute. What a little doll. So good to hear she is gaining weight.

Anna Wilson said...

What a sweetie! She looks great. Keep gaining weight Kaelyn.

Mel said...

What a beautiful girl :) Can totally identify with the boy/girl thing- my little girl used to get called a boy all the time, even when in pink dresses and tights. Think it's the no hair thing.

I have an 18 month old named Luke who also has DS.

Sending you our best wishes.

Nat said...

What a sweet, chunky baby! I'm with you on the gender confusion thing. I always hated it when people would look at my boys and say, "Oh my gosh! She is beautiful!!" Really? Did you happen to notice HE is wearing a blue shirt with a fire truck on it?! Anyway, Kaelyn is a beautiful little girl. We wish you the best!

Oh, this is Natalie Olsen. I am married to Wayne's cousin, Clinton.

Lacey said...

Hey there, I wanted to tell you we are having a BBQ tomorrow night. I know its short notice, and your munchkin is still in NICU. But it would be a great chance to meet other DS kids. Denise is coming from California so we are having a get together. Let me know. We live in West Jordan. laceyrugg@hotmail.com

sasha said...

She's such a cutie. I will be praying for her and hoping that she packs on the pounds. My son was a nicu baby for 2 months with an AV Canal defect and born at 4 pounds. Keep up the good work!!!!

Emily said...

I am shocked that I didn't read your blog before! I'm sorry we didn't get a good chance to talk tonight at the BBQ, but I am glad I got to see you! Your daughter is beautiful!!!! I hope you don't mind me following your blog.

Kristin said...

It was so nice to meet you tonight at the bbq - look forward to visiting with you soon at PCMC (unless your cutie doubles her weight this week and gets to go home!). We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Tina said...

Just came across your blog....so glad to have found it. Kaelyn has so many well wishers, friends and family praying for her I am sure she will be home with in your secure arms you really soon. She is absolutely angelic to look at. My daughter just turned a year and my new found blog friends have been such a source of comfort and support for me...even though I am at the other end of the world i still feel connected and part of a big family. Look forward to following Kaelyn's speedy progress, hope you don't mind me reading your blog
My prayers are with Kaelyn and your entire family....

Tausha said...

She is beautiful and an amazing little girl. It was so nice to meet you and your husband last night. You are awesome parents and She is lucky to have you. Let us know if you need anything. Keep in touch.

Jen said...

I've been following your blog for awhile...to be honest I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it :) ...but I just had to comment on how cute your little girl is! She is precious and she is so very lucky to have such amazing parents! Keep up the great work!

Kristin said...

I forgot to mention... Have you read the book "One Tattered Angel" by Blaine Yorgason? (you can check it out at the library) It's an amazing story, but I LOVE that it talks so much about PCMC and what a special place it is. Also, I had post-labor pre-eclampsia - I ended up in the ER. So glad you're doing well. :)

Denise said...

I just wanted to tell you guys how muc I enjoyed meeting you at Lacey's house last night. I have been in love with Kaelyn since I first found her blog and it was wonderful to meet you guys. I wish we could have talked more last night but there was so many to visit with that is was overwhelming (in a good way). I hope you guys felt welcomed and were able to make some good life long connections. I can tell you are wonderful parents for baby Kaelyn already. I just love this last picture of her wide awake!!!