Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tomorrow's The Day

Well, it's officially slated. Surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. We had a pretty good visit at the hospital today and everything looks good. We also got to talk to the surgeon, Dr. Kaza, for a bit and he described exactly what he will be doing tomorrow. It'd be pretty difficult to explain over the blog, but if you want a description in person, I would be more than happy to give you one.

After talking to Dr. K, Jeana and I both feel really good about his skills and know that our little angel will be in good hands. Thank goodness there are people out there that are willing to dedicate their lives to helping our littles ones have the best life possible. We have been so lucky to have good doctors and nurses and also a great pediatrician.

Please keep Kaelyn and us in your prayers as we are about to undergo the scariest experience of our lives. We have faith that all will go well, but still, the thought of open heart surgery on our little 8 month old is a bit frightening.

19 comments:

Kristin said...

It was good to see you last night. Praying for you tomorrow! There's another little guy, Mason, up in the PICU - had a heart transplant yesterday, done by Dr. Kaza. Check out his blog... http://masonbear.blogspot.com

Kristen's mom said...

We will be thinking of you and sending extra prayers. I know just what you mean abour great doctors, we have been blessed to have the best for Kristen.

Emily said...

You have our prayers! XOXO

Jen said...

Good luck with everything tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you all day!

Jeanette said...

Will be praying for kaelyn. my little girl has the same 2 defects and had her surgery 5 weeks ago and did great,its scary but amazing what can be done to help these little ones.

Heather said...

So tomorrow is the day....cannot believe how fast time has gone.It seems like only yesterday that Jeana left the sweetest comment on my blog.A young new momma to be,delivered news that left uncertainty of what was to come but stood confident in her conviction that all would be well.And it is and will continue to be and the advice I gave then,holds true today... Look to that amazing daughter of yours and she will show you the way.She hasn't let you down yet and our Heavenly Father will do the same.

All of our love and abundant prayers are flowing here in California.

Tausha said...

You are in our prayers!!!!!!! Keep us updated on her progress.

Mike and Christy said...

All of you are definitely in our prayers. Lexi prayed for Kaelyn to be strong and come home soon! We love you all and will be thinking of you throughout the day. I'll try not to bother you too much, but I do want to know the details (I guess it's a nurse thing!)

Jessie Moore said...

Love you guys!! Prayers and called the temple with your names on the list. :) LOVE the best next door neighbors ever...ha ha.-The Moore's.

Aimee said...

We'll be thinking and praying for you guys tomorrow from Colorado. We've been following for a long time-- our girls are about the same age. She'll do great, I'm sure-- parent's nerves, however, may be another story. Can't wait for the news that everything went well!

Lacey said...

Make sure to take your computer to keep us updated! We'll be anxiously waiting for updates! I know she'll do great, we'll be praying, Dr. Kaza is a great surgeon! I'm going to try to get up there this weekend to see her!

Christina said...

Good luck today. Sending good thought and prayers your way. The wait can be long, but they will keep you updated throughout the surgery!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Heart Momma to Jacob

The McKnights said...

Good luck you three. I'm sure Kaelyn will be watched over during her surgery. You're in our prayers. Let us know how everything went. Love you lots.

Shelly Turpin said...

I'll be waiting for news tomorrow. Seeing her after surgery will be a little scary, but it's amazing how quickly they bounce back.

love and prayers for y'all

Rebecca said...

The sister of one of my dearest friends is expecting their first child and just recently found out their daughter has DS. Tomorrow she will be having her first cardiologist's appointment. This will make it easy for me to remember to pray for Kaelyn's surgery as well. It will be 'praying for little girls' hearts day' in my book.

:>)

Scrappy quilter said...

All of you are in my prayers. Hugs

Valerie Knowlton said...

Your family is in our prayers. Hope everythings goes good for you guys. Love you.

Anna Wilson said...

All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. Your amazing little girl will do great, after all, shr is "feisty" right!!

Alaina and Kyle said...

We will be praying for a speedy recovery for Kaelyn and an ease of mind for her wonderful parents.