So, we're out of surgery and so far everything is going very well. The estimated length of the operation was 4 to 6 hrs. and it ended up only taking 3. What a relief to not have to wait as long as we were expecting. For now, Kaelyn is just hanging out. They will keep her sedated and comfy for the next day or so and also keep her on the ventilator until they feel that she is ready to do it on her own. The big thing will be to keep her heart from working too hard too soon so that the sutures don't get harmed.
A big thank you to everybody who has gone out of their way to keep us in their thoughts and prayers the past couple of days. We are certain that has helped Kaelyn and us make it through this week.
I also thought it would be fitting to include a video clip from one of Jeana's favorite movies.
And now, enjoy some pics

Resting up for her big day

"Dad, you're squishing me!"

She was so hungry this morning she needed both her thumb and the binkie.

Her PICU setup.
27 comments:
3 hours?! OH yay!!!!! Great news. She looks great. Praying for a speedy recover!
So glad to read good words. Here's to a speedy recovery
Whoo Hoo! Been anxious all day! Jeana, I share your fondness for Sister Act! Love the video clip, it made my (Happy) day.
Love,
Dari
She looks great! Three hours!What a gift from God, less worry time.
Please keep us updated on her progress. I'm so glad this is behind all of you. Now Miss Kaelyn can heal up get home and get on with her wonderful life!!!
Yay!!! We have been thinking about you guys all day and am so glad things went well.
What an angel.
So happy to hear it all went well! We hope the recovery also goes well--
--you will continue to be in our prayers little cutie Kaelyn! We are so happy your parents and doctors take such good care of you :)
very happy the surgery went well. We will be praying for a speedy recovery.
That's awesome news! Go Kaelyn!!! b
I'm SO glad it went well.
And seriously, she is SOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!! I can't handle it!!! I just want to kiss her face!!
This was wonderful to read! I'm so glad she's doing well, it warms my heart! We'll be praying that all continues to go well!
Glad to hear about the surgery. She looks so big compared to when she was in before. Poor girl was probably starving! We love you all!
Oh she looks fantastic! She doesn't even look like she has that many tubes! I can't believe how fat she is, that chunkster!
Oh and that is one of my favorite movies too!
Oh sweet baby... what a little miracle girl you are.Rest up love,the world is waiting on you.
Love from California.
Oh that is sooo good to hear!! She looks really good and I hope she has a quick recovery. We are still praying for you that her stay is short and everything goes smoothly.
Glad to hear it went well! Hope she has a fast recovery.
WOW...Congrats! Glad to hear it all went well! You guys are in our prayers! What cute pictures!
So glad to hear that everything is okay.
That is wonderful! Hope and pray she recovers well!
Beautiful Baby Girl !!! Praying for a quick recovery! She is such a trooper!
:: happy dance ::
I prayed for little Miss Kaelyn throughout the day. I was thinking of you last night & wondering how hard it must've been to put her to sleep... knowing what today would hold. Will keep praying for her little heart.
Fabulous news. We wish you the best!
Such good news! Hope every day is better than the day before, and this'll all be in the past very soon! I can tell she's ready to go home already!
Oh, I am so happy that things went well. I hope she recovers quickly and you can go home soon. I will keep her in my prayers!
That's so awesome that everything went better then planned. We'll still keep her in our prayers. I love the picture of her sleeping. Aren't babies so peaceful and cute when they sleep? She is so adorable. Our thoughts are with you.
Wonderful news! Congratulations on such a speedy and uneventful surgery! Thoughts and prayers are coming to you from CT!!!
We're happy for you!
Just catching up. Wow three hours is great. Way to go. Sending prayer for a good recovery. We were in for 15 days and had a few bumps but got out happy and ready to meet the world with lots of energy. Keeping you all in my thoughts.
Post a Comment