Thursday, July 15, 2010

Accessories and Tricks

Kaelyn has been very productive this summer. Below are a few of the things she's been doing.

A girls got to have her accessories, right?


She got her ears pierced for her birthday.

Mom's had fun painting her toenails


Glasses - she's not too excited about them, but I'm sure that will change when she realizes she can see better. People ask how we keep them on her...we don't. If we're not holding her hands, she's taking them off, and then banging them around. Thank goodness for the 1 year warranty on them, I'm sure we'll be using it. We also get asked a lot about how they knew she needed them. I'm not exactly sure but they dilated her eyes, and then held different lenses up to her eye, and based on how her eyes reacted to them, he saw she was near sighted.

Now to the tricks

Kaelyn has been figuring out this sitting up business. She sat up for five minute sessions a couple times while her mom did Yoga the other day. It must have been a fun sight to see so she didn't want to miss any of it. Notice the boppy behind her to help out when she tires out.

"Look at me, I'm a champ
"

"You want some of this?"

Smiling for the camera


And last but not least, the newest daddy/daughter circus act.

20 comments:

Rosalie said...

Awesome! Congrats on all the new things you have accomplished little angel! The video didn't work though...bummer! Keep growing and learning sweetheart!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the second pic of Kaelyn sitting. She has such big, beautiful eyes!

Annie said...

Oh.my.gosh! She is so stinkin ADORABLE!!! The daddy trick thing freaks me out and I told Paul that he better never let me *see* him do that!! :)

Kristin said...

Love her little glasses!

Tausha said...

OH my gosh,s he is getting so much bigger. I LOVE her toenails. Doug would kill me if I painted Sams. haha

Bulldogma said...

I just happened upon your blog through another blog. It looks like we have a lot in common! Our NICU stay actually turned into a book (The Littlest Sister). Your daughter is adorable!!

Mike and Christy said...

She just keeps getting cuter!! Love the latest circus trick!!

Tina said...

OMG I can't believe how big she's gotten and how darn CUTE!!!! I feel like coming right through the computer screen and giving her some major hugs!!
I'm still struggling with the glasses and Saira has had them for a year and half, I now have to tie them on, we're on our 4th pair!!! Good luck, if you figure out a way let me know!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

I have followed your blog from the beginning and love to see how Kaelyn is growing. Way to go on sitting up! Also, my cousin, Jamie, said you were her best friend. I guess you guys grew up together or something. :-) Small world!

Lydja said...

The video worked on my computer and it was awesome! What a neat trick.

Our neighbors have a one year old with glasses and they got one of those straps that go on the back to hold glasses on. The one these neighbors have cinches up against baby's head so hold them on. I wish I knew more about it. And if you already knew of this device, please disregard my repetition.

Heather said...

Seriously?The glasses are the cutest and the circus act .... love it!Scary but love it!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Daddy and Kaelyn should take their act on the road! Too cute! Love the pictures, especially all the wonderful accessories. ;)

Alaina and Kyle said...

LOVE the earrings & nail paint!! She is getting so big. I can't believe how fast they are growing up and she is mastering that sitting business. Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your darling photos, but especially enjoyed the Daddy/daughter trick. How cute is that?

Love,
Dari

Angela said...

Amazing. What a precious gift.

Meghann said...

Oh my! I missed another post, sorry. I can't believe how adorable she is and talented too! We missed you guys today. P couldn't play because he has croup so we'll have to plan another one soon so we can all play!

Emily said...

Oh I am so behind on reading posts. This is so cute and fun! The glasses are so cute!
I hear you met my sister at church! That's wonderful!

Karen said...

Jeana - Looks like you kids have had a fun summer. I cannot believe it is August.
I think those earrings, the toenails and the glasses are all adorable!

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Teresa Farmer. I live in Herriman, Utah. I heard about your blog from someone that commented on my blog. I am 27 weeks pregnant and I was told that my baby is small, has DS, and has an AV Canal Defect so the same that your daughter has. They told me she wasn't going to live so I have been preparing for mine to pass away but after reading your blog it gives me a little bit more hope. It is great to know that I know someone that went through exactly what I am going through right now. Your girl is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness she is gorgeous and love the glasses. I am sure it will be fun fun fun trying to get her used to them! :) If she only knew how dang cute they were on her and that she can see, then I am sure she'd let them stay put! :)