Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Got the boot

Well we finally got kicked out of the ICU, thank goodness! Now she is on the infant unit, and sadly has a roommate. Not sure how that's going to go, haven't had to bunk up on the floor before. Lets hope that it's the extra motivation she needs to speed up this recovery and get home where she belongs. She is starting to act more and more like herself, which is good to see, it just breaks my heart to see her so miserable and sad. She was giving out kisses like they were going out of style today, something she hasn't done for weeks, since she got sick. I'm really praying that she is home for her birthday on Monday, the hospital is no place to celebrate such a special day ;)

Giving kisses to Mr. Froggy. He's been sick and in the hospital too, so he and Kaelyn can really relate.

All clean after her sponge bath. We finally got to update her hair style,
she was sporting the same one from like 3 weeks ago.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah Miss Kaelyn!!Now hurry up and show that feisty spirit some more and get home for your birthday ... 2 years??Tell me it isn't so??Where ever does the time go??Love from California.

Kristin said...

A good step in the right direction!! Yes - definitely get home for your birthday! You have oxygen at home, so hopefully that will help get you home sooner than later :)

.::still blinking::. said...

You should invite us to the party. We are awesome baby friends, if you don't mind a bit of screaming and tantrum throwing.

She is such a sweet girl. You guys are doing great.

Unknown said...

Praying she can be home for her birthday. I can't believe she is already turning 2!

Anna Wilson said...

I am so glad that she is out of ICU...now just get home for a birthday present!!

Lacey said...

I always insist on going home, if he's out of the ICU, and just needing more O's. I can do that at home! Get that girl outta there before Monday. I can't believe its been two years since I say that itty bitty baby in the incubator!

Rebecca said...

Oh goodness! Fight, Kaelyn, Fight! You're too much of a sweetheart to have a party in the hospital, but I know if you had to, you would rock it!

Alaina and Kyle said...

Kaelyn, we are pulling for you in Idaho!! You need to celebrate your birthday at home!! (We know how celebrating your birthday is in the hospital and its not fun so hurry home!!) Thinking of you guys!