Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Early Days of Summer

Well we are in all out SUMMER mode around here.  We have been having lots and lots of fun.  Fun is exhausting at times, but its worth it and we are making some wonderful memories that we can enjoy for along time.  These fun times are even more rewarding as we see our girls experience things for the first time.  Especially those moments when I see the shear joy on Jaymi's face and think of the life she left behind.  She has such an excitement for life, the big things like wake boarding behind grandpa's boat with her dad or just going for a walk around the block before bed time.  She reminds us to enjoy every moment, because its all magical.  Even the simplest things that we often take for granted are magical.  

Jaymi has been attending preschool summer camps and she loves it.  She used to hate going to bed but now we just tell her she has to get to sleep so she can go to school in the morning and she practically runs to get ready.  Its been great for her and her teachers tell me she is doing well and listen's better than half the kids.  She is always so excited to open her backpack and show us what she did each day.  She is going to love kindergarten even more because she will get to ride the bus!

Kaelyn turned four on June 13!!!  FOUR??!!??  I seriously can't believe my little peanut is four.  She is as feisty as ever and all over the place these days!  We love it.  She is bear crawling everywhere and can stand up without holding onto anything.  She is so close to walking its exciting...and scary.  Scary because I see her taking a few steps and then running for the hills.  She has a lot of ground to make up for and I'm sure she is going to give us a RUN for our money.  She still loves her pianos and any toys that make sound.  She cracks us up daily and gives the best hugs and cuddles of all time.  We are so excited to see what this year holds for our little lady.  

Bryn is growing up WAY. TOO. FAST.  She keeps us on our toes and definitely wants things her way as she has entered the dreaded but loved independence stage.  Its so fun to see her learn to do knew things, but also tests my patience.  Luckily she is so cute.  She makes us all laugh daily too.  She has such a sweet bond with her sisters.  If Jaymi gets in trouble and has to sit in "time in", Bryn goes right up to her and gives her a hug.  She always joins Kaelyn in what ever fun thing she's doing like standing up and then falling down on her bum or bear crawling across the room.  I am so excited to see the relationships she has with her older sisters and how it shapes her life.

Wayne is keeping busy with work, softball, mountain biking and a bit of golfing this summer.  But mostly just being a great dad and husband.  He was such a trooper when I got my tonsils out.  He was Mr. Mom for days and days while I laid in bed in pain.  I can't believe how painful the recovering was, I just kept thinking, "I would rather recover from 10 more C-section instead of going through this again."  Now that its all behind me I'm sure I'll be glad I did it when strep starts going around.

Wow this looks like a Christmas letter.  Since I didn't do one, we will count this as my June Christmas letter.  Now get ready for picture overload!!

Kaelyn has become quite the climber.  She found herself in quite the predicament when she couldn't figure out how to get down from the mini grand piano.
The girls on a daddy daughter hike while mom was recovering from a tonsillectomy.  (Yes, its as horrible as they say it is)  I love when they hold hands.  
Another Daddy Daughters Date to a fun park.  It looks like quite the hike up to the top of the slide.  These girls are too hard core to bother with the stairs.


Jaymi took swim lessons.  She did awesome and looked so tiny next to other 6 year olds.  She loves the water so much!  To think she may have never gone swimming just breaks my heart.  She was made for the water.
Working on her backstroke with the instructor
See how small she is! 
One night while cooking dinner I looked up to see Jaymi reading stories to Kaelyn.  Melted my heart!
Trying out our cute neighbor friends balance bike on one of our evening strolls before bed time.

 Modeling the cute dress from her Aunt Joyce.
For Kaelyn's birthday we did one of her All. Time. Favorite. Activities.  Swinging.  This girl would swing all day if she could.  Luckily her sisters love it too so its a great family activity.

She has got to be in the running for the worlds smallest four year old.  
On Friday afternoons Jaymi and Kaelyn have horse therapy so afterwards we headed up the canyon for a family hike.  Kaelyn wasn't thrilled about dad holding Bryn's hand.  She was trying to stop that.

While we were playing in the meadow a gentleman offered to let the girls sit on his horse.  Since Bryn doesn't get to ride the horses we put her on.
She wouldn't do it until Jaymi got on with her.  Then she was so excited she finally got to join the fun. 
How is that my baby girl?  
The girls are getting pretty good at road trips after going to California, Lake Powell and Neola.  This is Bryn on our way home from Lake Powell last weekend.
Why are kids so good at putting everything on backwards, upside down or on the wrong foot?  
We had a wonderful time at Lake Powell with the Bonner Family.  It was HOT HOT, so we spent most of the time we were outside in the water.  Last time we went there Wayne and I didn't have any kids yet.  Pretty crazy to be back just over four years later with three kids.  Jaymi loved playing in the water and riding behind the boat.  Bryn loved playing in the dirt and Kaelyn loved playing with grandma in the water and climbing up and standing on the coffee table.  I wake boarded for the first time in like three years and was happy that I could still do it, but man it sure sucked every bit of energy I had.  I was sore for days and days.  
Jaymi was one brave little girl.  She wasn't afraid to try anything in the water.  She is such a little athlete!
Watching dad play softball.  He was playing left field so we had front row seats to watch him do his thing.
Kaelyn playing with grandma Amy.  Amy gets her laughing and giggling more than anyone.  They are definitely best friends.   


For the fourth of July we went out to Neola.  They really know how to celebrate Independence Day.  Jaymi got to ride on grandma LaJean's float in the parade, watch the patriotic program and enjoy her first rodeo.  She loved it all!  I can't tell you how much more I cherish our freedom after what we went through in Russia.  We are truly blessed to live in this country.  
Dad's cowboy hat looks pretty good on her. 
Can't go to Neola without matching 4th of July outfits!

In addition to the festivities the girls got to enjoy lots of time with family and of course grandma's kitty sparkle eyes.  When we first got there Jaymi and Bryn were both crying and running away from the cat and within a day they were carrying him around and fighting over who got to hold him.  

Bryn and I making silly faces at the rodeo.  She just started pulling faces on her own, it was super cute.

Since I wasn't in shape to do the half marathon this year I had to come up with other workouts to do at my parent's house.  I call this the "one man wheelbarrow"  It was seriously hard.  I'm thinking about marketing something like this, I'm sure I could become rich selling it on an informercial.  

The girls first experience jumping on the tramp with a sprinkler under it.  Bryn wasn't quite sure about it.
She would rather drive the car and play in the sand box.
Jaymi however was all over it! 

When I was in Russia in February I bought some cute dresses for the girls.  I thought the fourth of July was the perfect opportunity to finally get them all dressed up in their Red, White and Blue.  They looked pretty cute!

Bryn looked like a little Russian doll walking around, I loved it! 
Looking for the kitty of course. 
"Mom, the suns too bright to look at you"


Love all the sqinty faces


Kaelyn's hair was a little wild by the end of church.



Wayne turned 30 on July 9.  Kaelyn, Bryn and I met him for lunch while Jaymi got an outing with grandma Amy.  
Bryn loves wearing our backpack and I love that she carries her own diapers and wipes.  Its a win win!
 Wow, I stayed up way too late putting this together, but I had to take advantage of this time while everyone is sleeping.  I'm trying really hard to do a post a month for our family history.  Time is going by way to fast and I want to be able to look back and remember these days, minus all the tantrums and tears :)



No comments: