Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Three Amazing Years!

Three years ago today Kaelyn Ruth Bonner came into this world and changed our lives forever.  As I have reflected on that day, I am in awe at all my little girl has overcome and conquered.  She is my hero and I want to be more like her.  Three years ago I was one very scared mamma.  Wondering what this life would hold for my 1 lb 11 oz little peanut.  Throughout my pregnancy I tried my best to be "cautiously optimistic", wanting to accept Heavenly Father's will over my own for my little family.  The minute I met Kaelyn, I knew I didn't want to lose her.  I wanted to be her mom.  Now, in this life.  I'm so thankful for the miracles that have kept her here, and that she is not only surviving, but she is absolutely thriving.  She makes our home a sacred place.




We had a wonderful day in Park City with friends.  Kaelyn loved every minute of it!  She even pampered herself and slept in a couple of hours and gave out lots of kisses and snuggles.  How fitting is  it that we get to celebrate Kaelyn's birthday, fathers day and our 7 year anniversary this week, the week we travel to Eastern Europe to meet Victoria for the first time!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl. You are very special to us all here in California. You know, seeing that we "knew" you before you came blazing into this big beautiful world. A world that you made all the more beautiful because of your presence here with us. You embody all that is precious and good and we are all better, all because of you. You are the ultimate feisty one and we hope, before long, that we will be able to see you up close and personal and see your little determined and courageous body in action.

Bless you little one. We look forward to watching you grow and thank your mommy and daddy for sharing you and your sisters with us.

Stephanie said...

IT was NOT three years ago!! OMGoodness! Don't blink she'll be in high school!! And to thois day she is the baby wearing her daddy's ring, to my husband! He can't keep a name in his head to save his life but he will never forget that!

Love to all of you and a very happy 3rd Birthday to Miss Kaelyn!!!!

and i love the pics!! You look identical! Both beautiful!

Anna Wilson said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! You are amazing!

Emily said...

I can't believe she is THREE! So crazy! She is so stinkin' adorable! I love her little pigtails! Happy Birthday Kaelyn! :)

Brian and Tonya said...

She is such a sweet beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday Kaelyn. And how exciting to go meet Victoria. Good luck and enjoy your trip!!!

Alaina and Kyle said...

Happy Birthday friend!! Can't believe it was 3 years ago. They are growing up fast. Also, I'm SO excited to meet Victoria as well (via blog...maybe one day in person!)

Shelly Turpin said...

I can't believe she is three! Happy birthday little one!

Kristin said...

Happy birthday!!!

Kristen's mom said...

I was hoping I could be added to your adoption blog. I am so excited for your family.