Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hawaii Trip

We have been spending the last couple weeks as a family in Hawaii. It was such a wonderful trip!! I have always wanted to visit and just soak in the beauty I have seen in pictures, and that is just what we did. Let me just say traveling with Kaelyn was so fun! She did amazing on the long flights, much better than both Wayne and I. She got us all sorts of perks including a free checked bag, a free seat on the ride home and an upgrade to a suite, people just couldn't resist her cuteness. She loved Hawaii, she woke up so happy every morning just excited to see what the day would bring. I think one of her favorite parts was that she didn't need her oxygen during the day thanks to the low altitude. Here are some pictures of our little one living it up on the islands.

Enjoying the sunset on our first night in Kauai



Can you guess what we are subjecting her to in this pic?

It's a 'warrior princess' tattoo. Temporary of course :) Doesn't she look tough?

She was quite the trooper on our 4 mile hike up the Napoli Coast.
She was loving the view from Dad's chest.

Chillin' on the beach at the half way point of our trek.

She slept the way back up the trail, good choice, it was quite the climb back up the mountain from the beach.

"Really mom? Those pancakes are bigger than me!"

Getting off the plane we quickly realized that the fleece jammies she was in were no good for Hawaii.


At first she wasn't too thrilled about being in the ocean water. She gets that from her mom.

Getting all geared up for swimming in the ocean.
"Hmm, not sure what I think about this idea"

"Okay, bring it on!"


"Never mind, I changed my mind"

"This isn't too bad"


"Okay, I guess its not too bad if mom gets in too"





14 comments:

Annie said...

such a cutie. Glad you had a good trip.

Mike and Christy said...

She is so dang cute! I LOVE the tattoo. You go, girl!! Glad you guys had a awesome trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Meghann said...

Wow! What an awesome family vacation, very jealous! You guys are so adventurous and your little girl seems to have caught the bug!

Erin said...

Yayyyy! You got to go! I'm so glad. We have lots of the same pictures...totally brought back memories. Kaelyn is so beautiful! What a cutie!!!

Annie said...

Oh my gosh! I love all your pictures!!!! I'm so happy that you guys got to go on such an amazing trip! I was 14 weeks pregnant when we went there, and we had such a fantastic time!!!!

Rosalie said...

That is awesome! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time! CUTE CUTE pics! She is getting so big!

Kirsten said...

So much fun! Glad you all had a good time, we're totally jealous. Kaelyn is so cute and such a ham for the camera, love it!

Storys said...

So cute! I am glad it turned out so good for all of you! Those pictures are WAY cute!

Wendy said...

I just have two things to say - #1. HOLY PANCAKES BATMAN!!!! and #2. I love the picture where she is "thinking" about going swimming - hilarious!!!!! Glad you had fun, but we are glad you are back too!! :)

Kristin said...

Oh, too fun!! Love the tattoo :)

Meg said...

What a fun trip! I love the pics of her in the restaurant excited and ready for the ocean. So cute!

Auntie Shaunie said...

Kaelyn, has grown so much since I saw her last, and now she is a member of the polynesian tribe. My favorite food there was the carmel, macadamia nut pancakes... but mine weren't the size of a football field.
Next time, she will probably be ready to go snorkeling.
Love you all three.

Saundi said...

looks like you had a lot of fun! We should hang out sometime.

Valerie Knowlton said...

Glad You guys had fun on your trip.