
Kaelyn posing for her first "Glamour Shot"
(taken by Max's mom Kristin)
When I saw her doing that my heart sunk a little. The thought came to me. "that must be why she was staring at Kaelyn so much." I was a little let down, but moved on quickly and kind of forgot about it. Of course this little girl proved me wrong. Right after the meeting she came back to me and said, "You're little baby is so pretty", then she shyly went back to her mom after I said thank you. I was awestruck, I can't tell you how good that made me feel. It proved to me that we do need to be more like little children. Yes, they are going to have questions about Kaelyn, and that is okay, they aren't trying to be mean or point out what's different about her. Most the time they genuinely want to learn, and what a great opportunity to teach them. But just like the little girl on Sunday, they will end up teaching us.
I just love this picture of her, check out the new hairstyle she has been sporting this week ;)
(Picture also taken by Max's mom - @ our fun play date)
Kaelyn's first ride on the Carousal at the zoo.


12 comments:
Beautiful, the children are the ones that will guide you along, growing up with two brothers with Downs I can attest to that :-)
AMAZING what little children think...not like adults with the judgements huh! LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing!
Oh your little dolly is a beauty! I just found your blog today and I am hooked on your sweet little girl! I will add her to my nightly prayers for continued strength and health! Tracy
http:stinkerie.blogspot.com
So sweet!
Kaelyn looks great in those bright colors!
Awe how sweet. My favorite of the pictures - the last one. You both look so peaceful. Hugs
So true! Become as a child.....and I think most kids stare at the oxygen or feeding tube thing because they have never seen a child with something like that. It is something different - not bad - just different than what they are used to seeing.
This is a very cute story! We're teaching a sunbeams lesson this Sunday about bodies and part of the lesson is about people who's bodies are different... I'm toying with the idea of using Porter as an object lesson, although, I'm not sure they've notice anything different about him, they're only 3. If these little children can learn early on that different isn't scary and to just keep loving like they already are inclined to, I think they'd have an impact for good.
She is getting so big and cute as ever!
How did I miss this post last week? So cute - love her on the big girl carousel!!
She is getting so big. I love seeing her sweet personality coming out.
It's been a while since I have popped in to say hello and se how Tiny Kaelyn is growing and WOW has she grown!!! I am still so pleased to see how far she has come. As the little girl in your post said she is BEAUTIFUL, she always has been & now with those Cheeks... How can you NOT kiss on em... By the way I am now expecting My First on October 8th. I pray Kaelyn continues to have such success.. I talk about her often in fact I was just glowing about her last week when we met as NILMDTS photographers.. a few of my new folks wondered if we ever get "Live" shoots I jumped in and said Yes & sometimes you are lucky enough that you get to watch them grow (as with Kaelyn). Thanks you Again for letting me come in at such a fragile time and capture her TINYNESS.
Jeana I can't believe how big she is getting!! She is adorable! I wish we could come visit you guys but I guess that will have to wait a couple of months! :) We miss you guys and hope everything is going great for you.
Post a Comment