Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3rd Time's a Charm



Kaelyn finally passed her newborn hearing test! Yippie. I guess that makes having the swine flu worth it, because her tubes made all the difference. I think she just wanted to give her mom and dad a very nice Christmas gift, which she did. We heard back from Cardiology yesterday and they have decided to hold off on surgery for at least another couple pounds since she is quite stable. She will have another appointment in January.

She also had her 6 month check up last week. She is measuring 11 lbs 9 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. If you didn't notice she is a shorty. On the Down Syndrome growth charts she is about 65% in weight and 10% in height. She had to get 5 shots and was not happy about it! But I'm pretty sure no kids are happy about their shots.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We are headed out to my parents house for Christmas. It will be fun for Kaelyn to spend her first Christmas with all her cousins on my side.


17 comments:

Storys said...

First off, I don't think it's fair that your family gets her two holidays in a row. Next, she looks adorable in those pictures. So cute!!

Rebecca said...

Merry 1st Christmas Feisty Kaelyn! I'm sure you are the best gift that your family could ask for :>)

Lacey said...

Merry first Christmas baby Kaelyn!! How great for your family to get to play with her, I'm so jealous.

Emily said...

Good girl for giving Mommy and Daddy a wonderful Christmas present! Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

Enjoy Kaelyn's very first Christmas!
She is such a blessing! it's an absolute joy to follow her as she grows.
Merry Christmas!

Alan Anderson said...

Congratulations on the hearing test! Yay! And have a very Merry first Christmas with Kaelyn! She looks like a perfect angel all in pink!

Kristin said...

6 months and 11+ pounds - woohoo. Merry Christmas!!

Tina said...

Can't believe how big she's getting, and that's really great news about her hearing.
Happy 1st Christmas sweet Kaelyn, enjopy yourself with your entire family and all the love you are going to be surrounded by. I love all the pictures, all in pink and so big and cute and cuddly!

Alan, Kelli, Dalton, Addison and Emree said...

She is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! We are soo happy for you guys and hope we get to see ya while your out. LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Shelly Turpin said...

What wonderful news! Have a great and healthy Christmas!

Meghann said...

That is great news! I can't get over how beautiful she is! Have a great Christmas. :)

Heather said...

She is such a pretty little princess. Merry Christams to you all.

Alaina and Kyle said...

Oh what great news. I love the new pictures!!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the hearing test. That's great news! Kaelyn looks adorable. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a sweet baby girl. She is growing so fast. I wish you and your family all the best Christmas has to offer. It's going to be wonderful celebrating her first Christmas. Hugs

Heather said...

Look at her ... so cute and chubby and so,so beautiful!Hope Christmas Day was wonderful with your beautiful miracle girl.


*Caitlin did it at blurb.com.Email me if you need help.She had to re-do pages,condense things but not lose anything,in order to get it under the the page limit.It turned out absolutely beautiful and I highly,highly recommend it .. I can't wait for my other 2 books!!