Sunday, November 8, 2009

11/08/09


Kaelyn apparently isn't too fond of the number 8, because at her check up this week she is already at 9 pounds! I've been at state volleyball the past two days and I REALLY notice how big she is getting because I haven't been with her all day. She is getting the cutest little creases in her wrists...I LOVE those. She is still fitting into most her newborn clothes, but that won't last too long.

We also had a Neo-natal follow up at the health department and met with a number of different specialists. Everyone thought that that she looked well, especially since all she has been through. She was a very good girl for the VERY long day we had. The only time her feistiness came out was when the eye doctor help open her sleeping eyes and put the drops in them to dilate them. Man was she TICKED, and she let him know it.

Tomorrow we head up to the children's hospital to get tubes put in her ears. She failed the hearing test in her left ear twice so we saw an ENT and he saw some fluid in her ears, so the tubes should help with that and hopefully she can pass her hearing test. We have to stay up there over night so they can keep a close watch on her and make sure she comes out of the anesthesia without any problems. Its a little scary going back there for the night, but lets just hope everything goes well and we are back home Tuesday morning.

Please pray for our dear friend Kristen and her family.

*Thanks to our friend Dari for the Utah bear. Love it!



15 comments:

Stephanie said...

she is so cute!!! Love the matching outfits. Praying Kaelyn does well with the tubes, I'm sure she will do great. great is her style!

Rebecca said...

I love the outfit! So stinkin' adorable! Keep us posted on how/when the tube surgery goes. I love those baby wrinkles too :>)

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh, she looks so cute. I need your address girl. Will you email it to me, laceyrugg@hotmail.com
I'm glad your getting those tubes put in now. We just barely had Jaxson's done and I hope he hasn't suffered permanent damage for us waiting so long.

Scrappy quilter said...

She is so cute...just so sweet. And wow is she growing. I'm glad she doesn't like the number 8. Continued prayers..

Desiree said...

So dang cute!

My name is Sarah said...

Oh that is such a cute picture. Kaeleyn looks so adorable in her cheering outfit next to her bear.

Anonymous said...

OK...that is the cutest photo!!! By the way, you are sooooooo welcome.

Love,
Dari

Alan Anderson said...

Wow she is looking so great! I love the matching outfits! Carter just had tubes put in in September and I have already noticed a difference - course he failed another hearing test but they think it was because he was sucking a binky when they were doing it. Hope you make it home tomorrow without any problems! Lots of prayers and hugs coming your way!

Tina said...

God I can't believe how big she's getting, thats really such happy news, and so great to see her looking so well, I love the matching outfits!!!! Cute cute. Everything's going to go well with the tubes, just be positive. Saira failed her hearing test in her left ear as well, you just reminded me I need to follow that up again.

Kristen said...

Jeanna,
I'm so glad to hear your little one is gaining weight. It's been awhile since I've checked in on your blog. She is so perfect and so sweet. I was wondering why you took a picture of a doll. Good luck with the tubes! I have a blog now. I need to get your e-mail so I can invite you to it :) Send it to me at kristengreer@hotmail.com. Thanks for letting me check in on you!

Brady and Madi said...

You're little girl is so so cute! I love the bald head. I have been reading your blog for a while and I swear I know you from somewhere! Did you ever used to live in Orem? You look so familiar it's been driving me nuts.

Emily said...

She looks like a little doll in that picture! Such a sweetie! Good luck with the tubes!

Mike and Christy said...

What a cute little cheerleader! Glad to hear she's doing okay. We're praying for her with her tubes.

Kristin said...

Holy adorable outfit {and baby in it}! Hope everything went well yesterday & you're home now!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

That's one of the cutest pictures ever!!!!